Sign Up here
*Our advanced workshops are:
Kept at a very small class size compared to our introductory class
Allows Returning advanced students to join us again at a reduced rate - $50 (T&C applies)
New Copperplate student = Students that have attended our Beginners' Workshop/Have some experience in Calligraphy
Returning Copperplate student = Students that have attended at least 1 session of our Exploring Copperplate workshop.
This is to ensure our participants are given full attention to improving/learning the calligraphy style.
NOT SUITABLE FOR COMPLETE BEGINNERS
Duration: 3 hours
Teacher: Nichole T - See our Calligrapher's profile and Instagram here
Class size: 6 (Class proceeds if there is at least 4 sign-ups)
Workshop fee: $150/pax; $50 for returning Copperplate students
4th Feb 2018 (4:45pm - 7:45pm) - 6 slots only (with @nicnkotori) @ BNU Art Gallery
21st Jan 2018 (2pm-5pm) - 6 slots only (with @nicnkotori) @ Keira Floral - FULL
Keira Floral - 5 mins walk from Dhoby Ghaut MRT
BNU Art Gallery - 5 mins walks from Chinatown MRT
In this workshop, you are expected to be somewhat familiar with the pen. There will be a short refresher on how to use the pen, but we will not focus on how to use it.
We will focus on the aspects of Copperplate Calligraphy and how to form each letter.
As Copperplate is written with a slant of about 45°-57°, it is advised that right-handed students use an oblique holder with pointed nib, and left handed students use a straight holder with pointed nib.
- G nib (1)
- Bottle of Sumi Ink in Glass Container - 30ml (1)
- B4 Calligraphy Paper (60 sheets)
- Class Notes - Includes Personal notes by our Calligrapher on the analysis of Copperplate Basic Strokes
- Class Practice Sheets (1 set)
- Handwritten English Roundhand Exemplar - A5 (1)
- Guide sheets for English Roundhand Copperplate - 0.3mm, 0.5mm, 0.8mm x-heights
- Reference book - George Bickham Penmanship Made Easy (1 book)
*Minuscules (lowercase) only*
Students are expected to have some experience in Calligraphy. You are required to bring your own Calligraphy dip pen to class.
RETURNING SC COPPERPLATE STUDENTS - Bring your Own Materials
Calligraphy learning and practise is merely just a 3-hour affair. In the efforts to encourage continuing education/practice and a learning community, 1-2 class slots are reserved for a returning Copperplate student at a much reduced rate on a first come first serve basis.
- Bring your own Materials
- Complete practice pieces from the reference book prior to class and allow our instructors provide you feedback.
- Further your minuscule practice and refine your letterforms in-class.
- Reduced rate at $50